A tangy Kalbi style marinade makes thin cross-cut short ribs incredibly tender and full of flavor. Grill the marinated short ribs for caramelized, juicy perfection.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 mins||10 hr 0 mins||10 mins||10 hr 20 mins|
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® flanken-style (thin cross-cut) short ribs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds, additional sliced scallions or chives
- In a medium mixing bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar and oil. Whisk in honey, garlic, ginger and scallions. Place short ribs in a zipper-locking plastic bag. Add all but 1/4 cup of marinade, turning ribs to coat fully in the marinade; seal the plastic bag. Marinate overnight, or for a minimum of 10 hours.
- Preheat grill. Warm reserved marinade in small saucepan. Remove short ribs from marinade, discarding leftover liquid. In batches, sear short ribs in a single layer (as you would with bacon) 1 to 2 minutes per side until slightly charred, basting with reserved marinade. Transfer to a serving platter, rest 5 minutes and sprinkle with sea salt and optional garnishes.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
short rib recipes, grilled short rib recipe, Korean style short ribs recipe