Ground beef mixed with onion, fragrant spices, and fresh herbs is skewered and grilled for the best shish kabobs. Make this easy recipe for Lebanese-style Spicy Beef Kofta Kabobs for a flavorful Mediterranean meal.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|30 mins||30 mins||10 mins||1 hr 10 mins|
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80 or 85% lean)
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare spice mix by combining salt, white pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, clove, coriander, ginger and nutmeg. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, mint and spice mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Form mixture into eight uniform logs. Skewer each log and hand-form tightly and evenly around the skewer, pulling the meat lengthwise from the skewer'/s tip toward handle. Leave about four inches of exposed skewer for a handle. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight covered in plastic wrap before grilling.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat until browned on all sides and cooked through (160° F internal temperature), about 2 minutes per side.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
spicy beef kabob recipe, Lebanese spicy beef kabobs, beef kabob recipe