Bottom round roast is seasoned, seared, and simmered to mouth-watering perfection with this easy Slow Cooker Carne Picada recipe.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|5 mins||-||3 hr 15 mins||3 hr 20 mins|
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chili
- Could be served over rice, in tacos or burritos
- Pat cubed bottom round roast dry with paper towels. Combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear cubes over medium-high heat in batches until browned. Stir in reserved flour blend and tomatoes
- Transfer beef and tomato mixture to slow cooker. Cook the carne picada for 3 hours on high.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
slow cooker carne picada recipe, cubed beef recipe, bottom round roast recipe