Cherry Barbecue Beef Kabobs will brighten any cookout with colorful flavor. Your guests will enjoy top sirloin steak and vegetable skewers grilled and basted with spicy sweet BBQ sauce.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 mins||-||45 mins||55 mins|
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound (approximately 3/4-cup) whole pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray'/s)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 8 whole, fresh button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan combine cherries, barbecue sauce and vinegar. Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes. Puree with a hand emulsifier, blender or food processor, adding water as needed for a pourable consistency.
- Season sirloin steak cubes with salt and pepper. On 4 long, metal skewers alternately thread peppers, onion, steak cubes, and mushrooms.
- Grill or broil kabobs over medium-high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until steak reaches desired doneness, basting cooked sides with cherry barbecue sauce as you turn skewers.
- Brush additional glaze onto beef kabobs before serving.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
Cherry Barbecue Beef Kabobs recipe