Sirloin steak strips stir-fried with peppers, cabbage, and sprouts then tossed with a homemade sauce and served over rice. Japanese-Style Sirloin Rice Bowl is a quick and easy recipe for a meal packed with flavor.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|15 mins||-||30 mins||45 mins|
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked short grain or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces napa cabbage, chopped
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sake and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat wok, electric frying pan or large sauté pan to medium high heat. Heat vegetable oil, add sirloin steak strips and stir until strips are browned (about 2-3 minutes). Push strips to one side. Add scallions and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add cabbage and sprouts, combining all ingredients in the pan. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over steak and vegetables and toss. Serve in a bowl over warm rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
Japanese-Style Sirloin steak stir-fry Rice Bowl recipe