Ground beef patties seasoned with fresh herbs and spices are seared in a skillet for a flavor-packed meal. This easy recipe for Middle Eastern Inspired Beef Falafel is for meat lovers.
|PREP TIME||OTHER TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|20 mins||-||10 mins||30 mins|
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 large pitas, cut in half
- 1 vine ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Combine garbanzo flour, salt, coriander, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne. Mix spice blend into ground beef along with onion, cilantro and parsley. Shape into twelve small patties.
- Pan sear or broil patties until cooked through (160°F internal temperature recommended).
- Serve warm beef patties in pita pockets with tomato, cucumber, tahini and optional toppings.
Certified Angus Beef ® brand Test Kitchen
beef falafel recipe, middle eastern beef recipe